What, Why & Who of CMS
by Grant Merriel
What is a CMS (Content Management System):
- CMS stands for ‘Content Management System’
- A CMS is an application / some code that is loaded on your server
- By having a CMS, you are able to make content, layout, image, formatting and a myriad of other changes
- It can also allow you to review statistics of your website, such as visitors, reporting, tracking, navigation, users, etc
- It is highly suggested that a website is developed on a CMS, to ensure that non-technical people can make changes to the website without paying a developer
Why do you need my CMS Logins and ‘admin’ access?:
- Provides us complete admin access to every page on your website
- Allows us to very easily add and alter elements of the site, such as contact forms, load speed, headings, marketing images, etc
- Will allow us to do changes to your website throughout your conversion entire campaign
- Creates a very smooth process for us to be able to put successful campaigns live
- By altering content via a CMS, it means all changes are retained within the CMS and not hard coded on the server
- This also means that we can alter any parts of the CMS that might improve your conversion rate
- This adds that extra step of security to ensure that limited custom coding is required
Who do I ask to get the logins, if I don’t have them?:
- Asking your web designer / web developer. This is just as easy as call them to ask them for your ‘admin’ level logins or even feel free to copy and paste the Email Template below and send it to them. Unfortunately, this is typically the only option available
- Contact any external technical or webmaster team that might be managing your emails, documents, content, etc. As they will typically need to log into the website to gain access to do the work they are required to do.
- Still cannot find the hosting or server company? Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will run through the above steps to see if there is a missing link for you.
CMS Admin Logins Request Email Template
CMS Login Request Email | Your Domain Name
Hello Web Design Company Name,
I am the webmaster at the following domain: Your Domain Name
We appointed your design and development company previous to make the entire website and although it has been a little while since we have communicated, we are in need to get 'admin' access to our CMS. Why Admin access? We are implementing some new tools to evaluate how users are navigating over the website, which include Heatmaps, Analytics, Click Tracking, Visitor Screen Recording, Ad testing, etc - where most of these will need admin permissions to access the appropriate areas of the website.
Please do note that we cannot just have 'user' access and required 'admin' level access for the alterations that we are going to be making.
In addition to this, I am more than happy to confirm that I am the owner of the account and am after the logins details to set all of these up.
Thank you very much and looking forward to hearing from you,
Common Names / Types of CMS':
- Zen Cart
- Presta Shop
- Adobe CQ
- Square Spaces
- MUST be ‘admin’ access, so that we can do changes
Get Your FREE Customised Conversion Report
The first step to more leads & sales is FREE, have a conversion specialist look over your website to determine how you can get more leads and sales.